The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este owes its privileged status among the world’s most prestigious heritage events for historic vehicles to a number of unique attributes. These include the elegance of the event, its long and illustrious tradition, the unrivalled flair experienced at the majestic Grand Hotel Villa d’Este on the shores of Lake Como and the small, select groups of participants.
The Grand Hotel Villa d’Este is one of the world’s most iconic hotels, located on the shores of Lake Como. The grounds and parkland offer guests and visitors the opportunity to admire around 50 Historic Cars built between the 1920s and 1980s.
From Friday 24th May to Sunday 26th May 2019, the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este and Villa Erba will be the exclusive and unique settings for this traditional event where guests will be privileged to admire the finest historic cars and motorcycles of their eras.
In 2019, the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este will be represented by the motto:
The Symphony of Engines
– 90 Years of the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este & BMW Automobiles
The field of participants will again be presented in eight classes.
The Selecting Committee is delighted to present the first four of them:
- Daring to Dream: Concepts Which Rocked the Motoring World
- Baby You Can Drive My Car: Singing Stars’ Cars
- Goodbye Roaring Twenties: The Class of 1929
- Speeding Against the Clock: Endurance Racing Legends
An exclusive panel of Jury members led by Jury President Lorenzo Ramaciotti will award the Best of Show prize – the BMW Group Trophy. This is conferred for an extraordinary automobile which expresses beauty, passion and uniqueness. The public will choose their favourite car by Public Referendum on the Saturday at Villa d’Este. The prize awarded for the darling of the public is the Coppa d’Oro Villa d’Este.
Visitors to the three-day event in Cernobbio will also be able to look forward to the heritage highlights presented in the grounds of Villa Erba. One of these is the famous Concorso di Motociclette.
In 2019, the beauty contest for Historic Motorcycles will once more include six motorcycle classes.
The Selecting Committee is proud to present them all already:
- Still in Action: Motorcycles more than 100 Years Old
- Sound and Style: The New Motorcycles of 1929
- Promenade Percy: Sportsman’s Wear in the 1950s
- 50 Years Ago: Trendsetters for Future Success
- Two-Wheeled Guards: To Protect and To Serve
- Concept Bikes: New Design and Prototypes by Manufacturers and Independents
You are cordially invited to submit a registration form for your vehicle even if it does not match any of the classes defined above. Your application will be considered independently of the classes. As in the past, the various classes will reflect a broad bandwidth of automobiles, motorcycles and themes.