BMW – 507 (1959)
- Engine CC:
The BMW 507 roadster was launched at the 1955 Frankfurt Motor Show. BMW had succeeded in creating one of the most beautiful sports cars of all time. The car was based on the technology of the 3.2 litre 502 saloon but with the power output increased to 150 bhp. The 507 was built to a design created by Albrecht Graf Goertz, a colleague of Raymond Loewy. This sports car, available with three different rear-axle transmission ratios and a range of top speeds between 190 and 220 km/h, worked wonders for the image of Bayerische Motoren Werke. Almost all BMW 507s, in many cases bought originally by international celebrities, are still on the road today. Two of them have special bodies.
This vehicle was completed on 02.07.1959 and delivered the following day to Italian BMW importer Alessandro Paolini in Rome. After various owners in Italy, the car was sold to Cologne in 1972 and purchased there by BMW at the end of 1973. In the period that followed, constant overhaul work was carried out, such as the renewal of the upholstery or a partial overhaul of the engine in the mid-1990s.