Ferrari – 335 S (1958)
- Vehicle Type:
- Coach Builder:
- Engine CC:
- Andreas Mohringer (AT)
Class DThe Cavallino at 75: Eight Decades of Ferrari represented in eight Icons
Ferrari only built four 335 S racing cars. The body and its emotional lines originated from the Scaglietti stable. Design genius Vittorio Jano was responsible for the V12 engine with four overhead camshafts sporting a generous four-litre displacement. The great era of Ferrari racing cars powered by a front-mounted engine came to an end with the 335 S.
This example was presented at the New York Auto Show in April 1959, before lining up on the grid at nine races. 1959 and 1960 yielded two first places. From 1963 onwards, a 250 GT engine was mounted as an alternative, but the original engine was then reunited with the chassis in 1975 by the American owner at the time. This pure-blooded racing sports car is augmented by outstanding and detailed documentation, and it has been in the collection of its present owner since 2013. From 2015 to 2017, the spyder underwent a ground-up restoration at a marque specialist in the United States.